Friday, June 8, 2012

Fashion For Relief: Betsey Johnson


Fashion Friday

This is a blog I put together on a whim and decided that it would be a good feature to add on to my Fashion Friday's blog post. So, every Friday I'll post a little Fashion Montage of my favorite designers, along with fun quotes, and a little bio. I hope you dolls enjoy!




“Love is a disease of the heart - in the end, there is no treatment curable and it might just kill you.”



 On her “formula” for style: “Take a leotard and add a skirt”



“Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves, and of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys, they’d just walk around naked at all times.”



Betsey Johnson was born in 1942 in Connecticut. Johnson graduated from Syracuse University and quickly joined the fashion world, working for magazines and boutiques in New York. She spent the ’60s and ’70s rubbing elbows with New York’s hippest crowd, including Andy Warhol and Edie Sedgwick. She finally released her own line in 1978. Today, she is one of the most recognized faces in the fashion industry, and one of my favs! She's known for her unique personality and over-the-top personal style. I always find myself drawn to people like her, but most of all I'm in love with her eye for color and drama - and the Barbie inspired look her fashion always seems to have.

The End
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment