Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Paper Dolls


I frequently enjoy designing, creating, and making my own paper dolls. They are adult women with different varieties of fashion and accessories, with different varieties of life styles and careers to match. In the process of my creations, I saw that there was a definate need for a different kind of trend that would give women the chance to interpret the "doll" world in all sorts of ways; through fashion, hair, makeup, beauty, art and lifestyle. Women need to explore the world around them -- and look good while doing so. Channel your inner Barbie doll, and you can be anything that you want to explore; your everyday lives, careers, and the great appeal of the adult "dress-up" world.

As a little girl (and well into my pre-teens), playing with Barbie dolls and drawing/painting encouraged me to actively use my imagination. Through Barbie, I projected myself into my own individual dreams of growing up, and I was able to express my interpretation of the world around me through fashion. As my interest changed, so did Barbie. The Barbie doll reflected the fashions and attitudes of the times, regardless of the era. Always in step with the current styles, her clothes had a quality and detail never seen before. Her tiny garments with miniture zippers, snaps, and buttons were yet another way Barbie mirrored a glamorous woman's world. Now she inspires me to mirror her through my art/fashion, and my lifestyle.




No comments:

Post a Comment